Happy Monday everyone!

That's right -- Monday -- which means it's time for a Pick Me Up!

Katherine Grey, our guest this week on The Muse, is giving away a copy of her book, The Muse!  All you have to do is comment below and answer this simple question:

What is your favorite romance subgenre?


Noted poet Blaine Hobson counts the Prince Regent among his patrons. But ever since the socialite he wished to marry took her life, he has been unable to compose a single line of poetry. With a sonnet commissioned by the Regent due in a few weeks, Blaine spends his time alternating between trying to write...and wishing he had the courage to join his beloved in the grave.

Raised in an orphanage with her sister, seamstress Emma Tompkins lives with the guilt of her sibling’s death. Accidently finding a suicide note penned by Blaine, she resolves to keep him alive at all costs. Vigilant, she returns each day, pushing her way into his home--and losing her heart.

Can Blaine forget his beloved and return the affections of the seamstress? Or once finished with his work, will he cast Emma out of his life forever




~Claire
www.claireashgrove.com
www.toristclaire.com

Labels: , , ,

4 Responses so far.

  1. Well, I gotta admit that my favorite romance subgenre is erotic! The old school "bodice rippers" were my gateway into romance reading and for a long time historicals were my romance of choice. As I've gotten older, I like 'em hotter. Of course, interesting characters and a good story is a must. "The Muse" sounds very intriguing and emotional

  2. Hi Nona. My gateway into romance were Harlequin Temptations. I was 17 and all those exotic locations and heroes appealed to my teen dreams. I rarely read category romance any more but still enjoy contemporary settings. I agree interesting characters and a good story will win out every time regardless of the sub-genre.

  3. I'm stuck on historicals. I blame it on a love of history all my life. It took a long time for me to actually venture out of that particular subgenre. :)

  4. Hi Melissa. I love history too. It was one of my favorite subjects in school. And once I found historical romances, well I guess you could say it was a match made in heaven. :o)

Post a Comment

"Victorians used the term 'limbs' as a euphenism for legs, which were thought to be so sexually exciting to a man, even a glimpse of a table leg could incite him to sexual frenzy. Table skirts were invented to prevent any unnatural unions between men and furniture."
~
(History Channel International)

IMMORTAL TRUST is
AVAILABLE for PRE-ORDER




READ AN EXCERPT

GoddessFish Promotions

Goddess Fish Partner

Night Owl Romance

Night Owl Romance
For The Latest In Romance Reviews

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Coffee Time Romance

Coffee Time Romance
Blogging About Romance