Good morning, everyone!  Please welcome back Morgan O'Neill, friends of mine and a fantastic writing duo!  They let me sit down and talk with their hero and heroine from their newly released Roman series, Gigi and Magnus.  And from the little bit I discovered during this interview, I know I can't wait to dig into the books!

So with MUCH ado...



Love, Eternally
Book One of the Roman Time Travel Series

A witch's ancient curse propels talented flutist Gigi Perrin back to A.D. 408, to the court of the depraved Roman Emperor Honorius and his admirable sister, Princess Galla Placidia. There, Gigi grapples with her disbelief about what has happened, and with the strange, new world of violent politics, social upheaval and barbarians straining at the very gates of an empire. Through it all, she must struggle with her powerful attraction to a pagan senator and military commander, Quintus Magnus, a man exotically different from anyone she has ever known. On the brink of a dark and war-torn age, Gigi joins forces with Magnus, battling to save a princess and her people, and ultimately finding love amid the chaos, before the fall of Rome.  



~~~~~


After the Fall
Book Two of the Roman Time Travel Series

After the Fall ratchets up the tension as time traveler Gigi Perrin and her husband, the Roman warrior Quintus Magnus, join forces with the Visigoth King Alaric to march on Rome. There waits Princess Galla Placidia, the admirable sister of the despicable Emperor Honorius. About to be forced into an arranged marriage by her brother, Placidia fears a bleak future, trapped in a loveless union. 

In an attempt to save Rome from barbarian invasion, Placidia puts aside her troubles and meets with Alaric’s delegation, which includes Gigi and Magnus, and the king’s second-in-command, the Visigoth prince, Athaulf. The attraction between Placidia and Athaulf is instantaneous and overwhelming, but theirs is a forbidden love, destined to fail because of implacable politics and impending war. 

Bound by a friendship that transcends time, Gigi and Placidia must do whatever they can to protect the men they love, after the fall of Rome.

~~~~~

Return to Me
Book Three of the Roman Time Travel Series

Return to Me finds time traveler Gigi Perrin happily settled into twenty-first century life with her husband, the former Roman senator and military commander, Quintus Magnus. Gigi has resumed her successful musical career, playing the flute for her adoring fans, while making her first foray into Hollywood by creating the musical score for a feature film about the Roman emperor Nero. 

At the film’s wrap party, Gigi is presented with a gift to commemorate her work: an ancient Roman ring depicting the goddess Victoria. Stunned, she and Magnus recognize it as the very ring that brought them together, and the one subsequently stolen from her and lost in A.D. 410. How did it make its way back to them? Magnus believes the answer is clear; Victoria sent it as a warning about their dear friend, Princess Galla Placidia. They start researching what happened to Placidia after Gigi and Magnus time traveled from the barbarous fifth century. To their shock, they discover Placidia's life took a series of terrible turns, culminating with the murders of her children. 

Realizing they have no other choice, Gigi and Magnus prepare to embark on a perilous quest to go back in time and rescue them. But one ominous question remains – how can they save the children without altering the course of history? 

~~~~~

Let's turn this over to the two stars of the series, shall we?



So, Geneviève Perrin and Quintus Pontius Flavus Magnus, this is a great opportunity! Shall I call you Mr. and Mrs. Magnus?

Magnus: Magnus is not truly my first or last name. It is an agnomen – an honorific title awarded to me for deeds done in battle at the River Frigidus.

Gigi: Please call me Gigi. It comes from my dad’s favorite musical. As for our last name, we took mine when we first came here together. It was easier to go with that. But when we were in ancient times, I don’t think we really thought much about it. We were simply Gigi and Magnus.

Which time period do you prefer?

Gigi and Magnus together: Now!

Gigi: The modern era took some getting used to for Magnus, what with jet travel, TV, cars and noise, and traffic, but he just took it all in and got used to it pretty quickly. For my part, in his era it was tough to live life at one end or the other of a sword. To my horror, I was enslaved by Emperor Honorius and I lived in constant fear of death, until I escaped. I prefer modern law and order. And, of course, my whole family is here.

Magnus: I, too, prefer this time. Although it seems very crass and fast-paced here, there are laws, and justice is not the sole purview of the elite. I also find it quite amazing that even those of humble birth might yet become a person of consequence. In Rome, perhaps only a few lowborn rose to prominence, such as gladiators and the occasional war hero.

Magnus, now that you live here, what do you do to keep busy?

Magnus: I help manage Gigi’s career, I consult on historical movies of all sorts, and I have begun to write about Roman and Visigoth history. I’ve also been trying to get Gigi to make an album of ancient war ballads, but so far . . .

Gigi: Oh, my God! It’s all thump, thump, boom, thump, thump, boom. I don’t know how it would break into the Top 40 any time soon, plus I’m not sure how I’d incorporate it with my flute music.

 Weren’t you playing your flute the first time you laid eyes on Magnus? How was that?

Gigi: Terrifying! I had just traveled back through time, and I had no idea where I was, or what was going on. But I’d love to go back for just a moment, knowing what I know now, to relive seeing Magnus for the first time. His eyes. His concern. His wonder. Even in those first horrible seconds, I knew he was a man of honor. Even then, I think I loved him.

 Magnus? How was it for you?

Magnus: Something was obviously going on. The air was different, sparkling, although nobody but me paid much attention. I was riveted, compelled to watch. I sensed something of great import was happening. And then she appeared in a magical mist, troubled, afraid, and reaching out to me with her gaze as though I were her only refuge.

When did you know for sure you were meant for each other?

Gigi: Knew or wanted? I wanted him in my life from his first visit to me in the jail. I knew my heart was his when he visited me in the vegetable garden and took the drink I offered, cupping his hands around mine instead of simply taking the mug.

Magnus: I was lost from the very first moment. Something deep within made me certain she was my future, my life, that one day she would be my wife.

Gigi: Awww!

What about the first time? Good? Great? Awkward? Rushed? Perfect?

Magnus: Rushed? Never.

Gigi: True! It was perfect, although a bit too delayed. He was such a gentleman and refused take advantage of the fact that I was a slave. I was ready to get close long before we actually did, but we never had the opportunity until we were both free of Honorius. Yes, it was - is perfect.

What about those you left behind? Do you miss them? Do you have any regrets?

Magnus: No regrets. On the contrary, we had many triumphs and helped many people. However, we were forced to allow history to run its course, so we were aware from the start we would also have heartaches.

Gigi: We miss them terribly, every day. They are not just names in a dusty book. They were real, vibrant, wonderful people – I’m speaking of Athaulf and Placidia, of course, and many others – and we did what we could for them, what we had to do for them. Because of that, we are at peace with how everything worked out.

Is there anything else you’d like to add before we close?

Magnus: I don’t have any idea what would have become of me, had Gigi not entered my life. I was empty and cornered, serving a man I despised. I thank my goddess Victoria for the miracle and good fortune she brought into my life on the day Gigi appeared in the mist.

Gigi: Before my great adventure, I had a wonderful family, a magnificent career, and more money than I’d ever imagined, and yet, I also felt empty. My fame was a pretty bauble, without substance. It wasn’t until I was forced to leave the glitter behind and fight for others, care for others, and stand up for others, that I felt fulfilled and truly alive. And it was Magnus who taught me all of that, and more. He taught me what honor means – to stand up for what is right in the face of hardship, regardless of personal safety or desire. He gave me my life, and in so doing, he got his back. Those are gifts that cannot be measured, and which will bind and define our lives together for all time.


About Morgan O'Neill:


A chance meeting at a writers' conference brought Cary Morgan Frates and Deborah O'Neill Cordes together, two award-winning authors who connected because of a mutual love of time travel fiction. Collaboration ensued, the search for a pen name the first step in their working relationship. Their maiden names provided the solution - and "Morgan O'Neill" was born.

Cary and Deborah's backgrounds are uniquely suited to writing stories steeped in atmosphere and history: Deborah has a Master's Degree in history and is a dedicated genealogist; Cary is a talented linguist in French and is currently a student of Latin. They've traveled to Europe's ancient and medieval sites many times, with Cary living on the Continent for five years.

The Morgan O'Neill time travel novels have received a number of literary awards, including two semifinalist wins in the William Faulkner-William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition, first, second and third place wins for the Mainstream Novel with Strong Romantic Elements category of the Golden Rose Contest, a top ten finalist award in the Pacific Northwest Writers' Conference Zola Awards Literary Contest, and a top ten finalist win in the Orange Rose Contest.


Keep in Touch via:  Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter


~Claire
www.claireashgrove.com
www.toristclaire.com

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Responses so far.

  1. Dear Claire, Thank you so much for hosting Magnus and Gigi on your blog today! It was fun to let them take over and let loose their opinions. :)

  2. What I great interview with Gigi and Magnus. I miss hearing their voices. I still remember when Gigi told people her name was Angelina Jolie - I loved that humor you injected into such a fast-paced, deeply romantic story.

  3. What a great interview. Thank you for hosting Magnus and Gigi. Their love is a romance that passed the test of time.

  4. Thank you, Betty! Gigi has a great sense of humor, doesn't she? When you read the third novel in the series, RETURN TO ME, you will see another, more poignant Gigi-Angelina Jolie connection regarding children. I hope you like it as much as I do.

  5. Thank you, Carol. What a fabulous comment! Yes, their love did pass the test of time! :)

  6. Fun interview! I loved this series!
    Erin

  7. Thank you, Erin! I hope we can revisit them some day - perhaps a sequel to Return to Me? We'll see.... :)

Post a Comment

"Victorians used the term 'limbs' as a euphenism for legs, which were thought to be so sexually exciting to a man, even a glimpse of a table leg could incite him to sexual frenzy. Table skirts were invented to prevent any unnatural unions between men and furniture."
~
(History Channel International)

IMMORTAL TRUST is
AVAILABLE for PRE-ORDER




READ AN EXCERPT

GoddessFish Promotions

Goddess Fish Partner

Night Owl Romance

Night Owl Romance
For The Latest In Romance Reviews

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Coffee Time Romance

Coffee Time Romance
Blogging About Romance