What is this contest?
This is a contest that I must admit is more of a bribery on my part. Reviews are the quickest way for a book to get out. It is up to you, the readers, to make an author successful. What you can win is the chance to name a character in an upcoming book of mine. Not just naming, but you also get to determine ONE PHYSICAL TRAIT. I cannot and will not promise that the character lives or dies, or even the severity of the part, but the character will be in there.
How can you enter?
If you’ve read Immortal Hope, Immortal Surrender, or Bound by Decency just write a review and post it on Amazon.com. The review can be one sentence or a lengthy analysis. The only thing I ask is that it be honest. One review post equals one entry.
But, wait. Don’t you want more chances to win? Just post a review somewhere else. It can be the same review, just post it on another site such as Barnes and Noble or Goodreads. Or write your own blog post. My only request is that it’s somewhere that can be linked back to so potential readers can see it.
Also by liking the book on those sites, you can also receive points.
Criteria to enter:
• You will receive one entry for each review posted. So if you review all three books, you receive three entries. This must be a review, not just a rating.
• Sites for postings may include, but are not limited to: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, a review on your personal blog, a review posted on another blog (not a comment) or any other site you can think of.
• When you are posting a review be honest and provide reasons. If you don't like the book, don't just say, "It sucks". Tell me what bothered you about it. If you love it, same thing goes. You don't have to go into detail, but at least prove to me that you have actually read the book.
For additional entries:
• Amazon has a Like button on both book format pages (Kindle and Print.) If you like each page, and email me telling me you did so, I’ll give you one extra entry. This is totally on the honor system since there’s no way to track back, but this is a big factor in Amazon’s algorithms.
• Even more entries are available if you click all the tags at the bottom of the Amazon pages. The higher the numbers, the higher Bound by Decency, Immortal Hope, and Immortal Surrender show up in searches for those tags. Feel free to add tags of your own. (Again this is honor system, and I'm trusting you!)
• If you have posted a review for either book before this contest began, just e-mail the link to me. You can STILL receive entries for that.
To get your entries:
• E-mail me at email@example.com and list the site(s) where the review was left and a link to that review. You can list multiple links in one e-mail. Or one link per e-mail. Entirely up to you. Tell me also in the e-mail if you’ve “liked” my TWO pages on Amazon and clicked the tags on BOTH pages. If you follow up with other sites later, e-mail me again. (Yes, really, fill up my inbox!)
• Contest ends at midnight CDT on October 17th, 2012. Winners will be announced on October 19th. The winner will be picked from a random drawing by my assistant and will be notified by e-mail as well as listed on my blog.