I'm so excited to share my new book trailer for Waiting for Yes! Thanks to the ladies over at Long and Short Reviews, this was put together faster than my usual procrastinating approach on it. (By the way, great set of folks to work with for advertising opportunities, fellow writers!)

But before I show it off, I want to talk about creating this particular trailer. With my other ones, I've been able to go into stock photo sites and find what I needed. But when I'm trying to promote a book about the Straight Egyptian Arabian, going into a generic site isn't exactly helpful. Yes, there are beautiful stock photos there... and of Arabians... but there's a "distance" that I didn't particularly want -- in so much as these horses are strangers to me, and this book is very intimate to me.

I did use a few of my own horses in it, and am excited to have a chance to show them off, but that still left me with a lot of holes to fill. And I'd much rather give credit to people I know in the industry as opposed to total strangers/unknown equines.

So, I reached out to some fellow breeders I know, and asked for some help. In the resulting trailer, 3/4 of the horses exhibited here are horses I "know" -- they aren't just models. These people are folks who have a passion for the breed, and spend their time in the trenches doing everything they can to share their passion with others. They are some of the best horsepeople I've had the pleasure of meeting, and some of them are good friends.

I'm proud to have the opportunity to promote their special equine friends.

So, with much ado --



If you'd like a closer look at the horses within, please check out the Meet The Horses page on my website, where you can see who's who. For those of you who are active in the world of Arabians, or horses period, if you want further information on any of the showcased horses, website information is available here, and if not, I'm happy to network you appropriately.

Waiting For Yes will be available April 20, 2011.

~Claire
www.claireashgrove.com
www.toristclaire.com

Labels: , , , ,

9 Responses so far.

  1. Gorgeous trailer, Claire.

  2. Awesome trailer, Claire. It gave me chills. Can't wait to read the book.

  3. Gorgeous!

  4. Absolutely glorious horses, plot, intrigue. I was going to instantly download the book...and now I have to wait three months! Yikes. oxoxo I agree with Maeve. Chills. Delicious, all of it.

  5. Thank you everyone! It was a lot of fun doing this one. Tanya -- hang tight! I'm as antsy as you are for it to be out!

  6. Thank you for sharing such beauties with us. What a meaningful trailer.

  7. Wonderful trailer! I can see why you took such care selecting the horses. Lovely website, too!

  8. Beautiful horses and intriguing plot! Thanks for sharing. I love the website too!

  9. Beautiful horses- I love Arabians although I don't own any now, I(I have a Quarterhorse and a Welsh Secton D) The Arabian has a fairy tale quality, Your books sounds great and I'll look forward to its releae.

Post a Comment

"Victorians used the term 'limbs' as a euphenism for legs, which were thought to be so sexually exciting to a man, even a glimpse of a table leg could incite him to sexual frenzy. Table skirts were invented to prevent any unnatural unions between men and furniture."
~
(History Channel International)

IMMORTAL TRUST is
AVAILABLE for PRE-ORDER




READ AN EXCERPT

GoddessFish Promotions

Goddess Fish Partner

Night Owl Romance

Night Owl Romance
For The Latest In Romance Reviews

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Coffee Time Romance

Coffee Time Romance
Blogging About Romance